In addition to offering real estate brokerage services, Robin offers mediation, Land Use legal services, and expert witness testimony to selected clients for a reasonable hourly rate.
Mediation – Dispute resolution of real property cases which include non-disclosure; construction defect; neighbor disputes; environmental, habitat and resource issues; landlord/tenant; and agent/principal disputes. Also assisting parties with property ownership agreements.
Land Use Law – Research, advice, and meeting with local public agencies regarding zoning, habitat and subdivision issues, building permits, land donations.
Expert Witness Testimony – As an attorney since 1988 and a licensed real estate broker since 2004, I have assisted parties in residential real estate disputes.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
• University of California, Davis, School of Law, J.D. 1988. Emphasis in environmental and natural resources law. American Jurisprudence award, Water Law, 1987. Environmental Law Society. Published staff writer, ENVIRONS. Admitted to California State Bar 1988.
• University of California, Davis. B.S., 1984. Environmental Policy Analysis and Planning/City and Regional Planning. Graduation with Honors, 1984.
• Mediation Training
o Mediation Training, Steven Rosenberg, 1000 4th Street, Suite 800, San Rafael, Ca, 94941, November 2016. 40 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Mediating Disputes Under the CAR RPA, CAR online webinar, October 2016. 4 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Community Mediation , Mediation Services, 2380 Grove Way, Castro Valley, Ca 94546, October- November, 2000. 32 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Managing and Marketing your Mediation Practice, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA , Eileen Barker, March, 2000. 16 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Is Every Mediation Multicultural?, Northern California Mediation Association, Corte Madera, CA. February, 2000. 8 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Alternative Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association, San Francisco, CA. January, 2000. 20 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Commercial Mediation, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA, Eileen Barker and Theresa Carey, December, 1999. 16 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Dealing Creatively with Mediation Tension, Northern California Mediation Association, Corte Madera, CA, June, 1999. 4 hours. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
o Facilitating and Mediating Effective Environmental Agreements; Negotiating Effective Environmental Agreements, CONCUR, 1832 Second Street, Berkeley, CA 94710. May, September, 1999. 40 hours total. Completion Validation Certificate – Yes.
• Continuing Legal Education. Endangered Species Act; Environmental Law; Wetlands Regulation; Negotiation Skills; Discovery Skills; Natural Resource Damages; Federal Facilities; CERCLA; Legal Ethics; Real Estate and Land Use law, Real Estate Transactions. 1988-present.
• Real Estate Broker, California Department of Real Estate, May 2004, 45 hours CE every four years.
• Voiceover Training, Voicetrax SF, Sausalito – 2008-2011.
• Real Estate Broker, Mill Valley, CA, 2004-present. Represent buyers and sellers of residential real estate and land in real estate transactions including title review and public documents. Assist landowners with conservation land donations and conservation easements. Robin Glazer Real Estate, 2004-2006, 2012-present; Pacific Union 2006-2009; McGuire Real Estate 2009-2012.
• Resource Land Partners, Inc. Mill Valley, CA, 2000-2004. Represented landowners, land trusts and public agencies in conservation real estate transactions in Marin, Sonoma, Riverside, Stanislaus, San Diego, and Los Angeles Counties. Provided legal and land use consulting services, including managing appraisals and Phase I reports, assisting landowners with tax planning, preparing public funding applications, reviewing title, negotiating and preparing transactional documentation.
• Robin Kohn Glazer, J.D., Mediator, Mill Valley, CA, 2000-present. Provide legal, land use consulting and mediation services. Projects include: Represent landowners in public hearings for development permits, land subdivision and conservation easements; assistance on HCP implementation; legal research on land use/trails issues; mediation for Bar Association of San Francisco; legal research for contract litigation.
• CONCUR, Berkeley, CA, 2000. Provided multi-party mediation/facilitation services for environmental cases, including stakeholder and issue analyses and meeting facilitation and agreement-building, on projects involving flood control; CWA, CEQA, NEPA, ESA, CERCLA, and water rights issues.
• U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of the Solicitor, San Francisco, CA, 1991-2000. Provided legal counseling, administrative and judicial litigation, negotiation and drafting of agreements, and expert witness preparation on behalf of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service. Areas of law included: Endangered Species Act law enforcement; CERCLA Natural Resource Damages; NEPA/CEQA; Clean Water Act; OPA; State water rights law; public land law.
• National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Los Angeles, CA, 1989-1991. Provided legal counseling, administrative and judicial litigation, negotiation of agreements, and multi-agency coordination on behalf of the National Marine Fisheries Services. Areas of law included: Marine Mammal Protection Act; Clean Water Act; CERLCA; and fishery management law.
• Holliman, Hackard & Taylor, Sacramento, CA, 1988-1989. Provided legal counseling, representation at public agency hearings, coordination with environmental consultants, participation in drafting proposed state wetlands legislation, and coordination with public officials on behalf of landowners. Areas of law included Clean Water Act 404, CEQA, land use.
• Law Clerkships, Sacramento and Berkeley, CA, 1985-1988. Provided legal research and writing in land use, water, and environmental law for: Remy &Thomas; State Water Resources Control Board; Environmental Defense Fund; California Attorney General’s Office, Natural Resources Section.
• California State Bar, Marin County Bar Association – Member
• California Department of Real Estate, BAREIS, Marin Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, Top Agent Network – Member
• Business Networking International, Member, Education Coordinator
• Marin Conservation League, Former Member, Board of Directors
• Bar Association of San Francisco, Former Volunteer Mediator
• Hiking, Swimming, Boogie Boarding
• Dance, Yoga, Guitar, Singing, Chorus
• Mother of a 20-year-old daughter, currently at Colorado College, Colorado Springs
• Professional Voice and Commercial Actress, 1970-76, 2008-present – Played the voice of “Lucy” in the “Peanuts” cartoons as a child. Currently act part time in commercials, audio books, audio tours, improv classes, and Standardized Patient at UCSF. www.robinkohnacting.com
SPEAKING AND PAPERS
• Educational Speaker, BNI, Elite Networkers, San Rafael, weekly, 2014-2016.
• Co-Author, Conceptual Land Conservation and Implementation Plans for Agricultural Conservation Easements in Stanislaus County, prepared for Stanislaus and American Farmland Trusts, 2004.
• Co-author, Applying a Mediated and Negotiated Framework to International Coastal Zone Management. Coastal Zone Management Journal. Vol. 29, No. 3, July-Sept. 2001.
• Speaker, Negotiating Effective Environmental Agreements. CONCUR, Inc., Berkeley, CA, 2000.
• Speaker, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Law Enforcement Trainings. Carlsbad, CA; Ventura, CA; Morro Bay, CA; Las Vegas, NV; San Luis Obsipo, CA; Tucson, AZ, 1994-1999.
• Speaker, Endangered Species Act Issues for Aquatic Species. NOAA Attorney’s Conference, Seattle, WA, 1999.
• Author, Panelist, Alternatives to Natural Resource Damage Assessment and Litigation; Settlement in NRD Cases. DOI Conference on the Environment, Denver, CO, 1999.
• Speaker, Standing to Sue Under the Endangered Species Act. UC Riverside Extension Conference, Riverside, CA (also presented at. S.F. Barrister’s Club), 1997.
• Speaker, Civil Enforcement Under the Endangered Species Act. CLE International ESA Conference, Tucson, AZ, 1996.
• Author, Panelist, Natural Resource Trustee Responsibilities; Trustee Coordination: Creating a Formal Relationship. DOI Conference on the Environment, Colorado Springs, CO, 1995.
• Author, Speaker, Restoration Planning; Trustee Coordination. NOAA NRD Attorney’s Conference, Atlanta, GA, 1994.
• Speaker, The Oil Pollution Act. NRDA Workshop for Natural Resource Trustees, Sacramento, 1993.
• Speaker, Environmental Liability for USGS Employees. USGS Training, Menlo Park, CA. 1993.
• Author, Panelist. NOAA’s Role in Coastal and Marine Wetland Restoration. Executive Enterprises Western Wetlands Conference, San Francisco, CA, 1991.
For more information please contact Robin at 415-328-5564 or email@example.com.