Robin’s Marketing Plan
The following marketing plan is a step-by-step outline of what Robin will do to sell your property. Based on proven techniques, her approach works because it includes thorough planning, diligent implementation, and absolute accountability. Her objective is to sell your property for the highest price possible within a reasonable amount of time with the least inconvenience to you. She will constantly strive to provide you with the best possible service with a professional, well-planned marketing strategy designed specifically for your property.
Robin’s marketing plan includes giving your property maximum exposure and bringing skillful negotiating techniques to your transaction in order to complete a successful close of escrow.
First Week Recommendations:
1. Structural Pest Control and Contractor’s Inspection Reports – Objective is to mitigate contingencies in an accepted offer to insure fast, smooth escrow without surprises later.
2. Decorator Consultation and Staging if necessary.
3. Discuss pricing strategy and comparable sales and sign listing agreement.
1. Prepare a listing file containing all of the required forms to be approved and signed by the Seller and/or the estate attorney including the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) forms.
2. Prepare and organize advertising campaign:
a. Draft marketing statement for seller’s approval.
b. Pre-marketing through Top Agent Network and Robin’s other contacts.
c. Print advertising including S.F. Chronicle, Marin IJ, Pacific Sun.
d. Prepare brochure and other direct mail advertising.
e. Online advertising including property website, links, Trulia, Realtor.com, Facebook, etc.
f. Discuss possible broader reach advertising including international or ethnic communities.
3. Arrange for and attend photographic sessions with professional photographer for use in the brochure and on the websites.
4. Make and test front door keys and order lockbox.
5. Order “For Sale” signs.
6. Review file transfer disclosure forms including Agent’s Disclosure form.
7. Order Title Company Property Profile
8. Order JCP Report regarding Natural Hazards Disclosures
9. Discuss feasibility of a special “By Invitation Only” Broker’s tour “camo” for agents to help determine final price for property.
Active Marketing Phase:
1. Arrange for broker’s weekday open houses (typically Wednesday or Thursday 10:30-2) and Sunday public open houses (1-4 or 2-4) for first two weeks, including providing lunch first week for brokers and Robin’s homemade cookies for public.
2. Announce at local buy/sell meetings and Top Agent Network.
3. Arrange showing schedule with seller.
4. Promote in print and online advertising, as well as on this website.
6. Send e-blast to agent community and to Robin’s contacts.
7. Mail custom designed “Just Listed” announcements to neighbors and to the local community to generate buyers as appropriate.
8. Notify my extensive agent network about the listing.
9. After first broker’s open and periodically:
a. Review property status report with seller.
b. Pre-qualify potential buyers.
c. Call agents who have shown property for their comments/suggestions.
d. Report/discuss feedback/comments with seller to evaluate ongoing marketing strategy.
e. Discuss with seller desired length of exposure of property prior to reviewing offers.
f. Discuss with seller desired length of time on market with no offers before price reduction.
10. Provide a weekly activity report of Sunday open houses and showings. When an offer is presented, Robin will be present to advise you, to help you obtain the best possible price and terms, and develop a binding contract. If financing is included in the offer, the buyer must submit a lender’s Pre-Approval letter with the offer and provide verification of funds available necessary to close the transaction.
11. After initial weeks of showings: open escrow or review price adjustment.
12. Review pricing analysis based on new market data and competition (presently for sale).
13. Review and revise ad campaign as necessary.